The Sutures and the Cranial Base
An advanced understanding of coming into relationship with the atlanto-occiptal (A-O) joint space and its related sutures will be taught. The A-O plays a significant role in the tone of the autonomic nervous system and the vascular supply to the head. This course will also focus on the effects of a vaginal birth on the 4th ventricle in the cranium. Students will learn how the fluid body goes into a stillpoint during birth and its clinical implications through the lifespan.
A biodynamic understanding of cranial structure will be presented within the functional techniques that are taught. This course blends functional and biodynamic craniosacral therapy.
- Work with birth imprints in the cranium.
- Learn the 4 stages of labor and delivery from the point of view of the infant’s craniosacral system.
- Learn the sequential release of the birth relevant sutures especially the occipital-mastoid suture.
- Learn advanced techniques for releasing the atlanto-occipital joint space.
- Learn the embryological formation of the cranial base